Home


Heart disease is an umbrella term for a number of different diseases affecting the heart. As of 2007, it is the leading cause of death in the United States, England, Canada and Wales, killing one person every 34 seconds in the United States alone.
The blood vessels consist of arteries, arterioles, capillaries, venules, and veins. All blood is carried in these vessels. The arteries, which are strong, flexible, and resilient, carry blood away from the heart and bear the highest blood pressures. Because arteries are elastic, they narrow (recoil) passively when the heart is relaxing between beats and thus help maintain blood pressure. The arteries branch into smaller and smaller vessels, eventually becoming very small vessels called arterioles. Arteries and arterioles have muscular walls that can adjust their diameter to increase or decrease blood flow to a particular part of the body.
2008-12-23

MRSA Staff Infection and Heart Bypass Surgery  

Well, how should I start. I'll just now. I'm always ready, my four-year-old daughter in preschool age. My 17 month old daughter sitting on the couch playing with her teddy bear. My father was called Teddy. He died less than a year ago and I'm not even the slightest bit more than they are. My whole life, since I can remember, I was afraid my parents die, and when my father died, it was even worse than I ever thought. I knew it would be bad, but it was and still is, one million times worse than I thought it would.

He was only 63 years old when he died. Since we know that he at risk for heart disease, due to the fact that his mother was there, my father at the age of 63, decided to establish a routine check with his doctor. My father was from his primary care physician who, like his mother, he would have open-heart bypass surgery before he suffered a heart attack. His mother had several open heart surgerys, and also lived in their late 80s. His doctor advised him not to wait for a heart attack, the procedure done, how many people do, because a heart attack would cause damage to his heart, and the operation more risky. Also my father is a relatively young age was a plus that are older, the more of a risk for the operation. When I was told my father would be the open-heart surgery, I was devastated. I have researched online and everything I could possibly find on the procedure. I thought I would worry myself sick with what I discover, but surprisingly, I actually felt better about everything I have read. I found that, although it is a serious operation, is a common, and the mortality rate was 1 percent. So, to my surprise, I noticed that patients should have a dramatic difference in the wellbeing of all in less than a month after the operation.

My father early retirement at the age of 55 years, and he drove my mother nuts loving with all the projects he has around the house. He laid tile throughout the house, he painted the crown and forms in every room and he built a terrace in the garden. This was only a few of the projects he had since he retired, so I can not imagine what he achieved after the operation. But a month after his open-heart surgery, my father was complaining of severe pain in the chest. His doctor informed him that he had just endured a major surgery and he needed to be patient with his healing process. At the same time, my father is a doctor prescribed him antibiotics for a staff infection he had developed. The doctor showed no signs of concern, and remained indifferent about the staff infection at the time of the death of my father. As the doctor showed no signs of concern about the human infection, my mother, brother and I did not too much about them either. Oh, how I wish I could time again. Although the actual bypass surgery was successful, it was the staff infection that ultimately killed my dad. It was actually as a methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection (MRSA) as a cause of death on his death certificate. Only until after my dad died, I learned how serious this infection is and how not to make it easy. By definition, MRSA is a strain of Staphylococcus aureus that is resistant to a large group of antibiotics as beta-lactams, including penicillin and cephalosporins.

This is a very serious infection due to their resistance to most antibiotics. It is also known that a so-called "superbug" by some. In hospitals, patients with open wounds, invasive devices, and weakened immune systems are at greater risk of infection. Or someone, especially as my father, who had just open heart. After his surgery, a catheter was my father in the chest, which I think my father was infected with MRSA. Consequently, the bacteria could dig deep into his body, blood and heart valve. My father had to beg the surgeon to reopen his chest and find the reason for his continued severe chest pain two months after the original operation. Following the reopening of his chest, the surgeon was able to underline the seriousness of MRSA infection, my father had bought. My father was in the heart Puss and my father died on the operating table.

For two months after his bypass surgery, my father was about severe pain in the chest for a reason. The MRSA infection was attacking his heart, and in his blood, which is known to do, and basic oral antibiotics, his primary care doctor prescribed him not to stop. Only by researching MRSA infections online, I realized that my father with more aggressive treatment and attention in this matter by his doctor, possibly with newer antibiotics, such as intravenous vancomycin.

I also discovered that his death was probably caused by carelessness complete, because the bacteria easy to patients by hospital staff, not a proper sanitary procedures. MRSA is very serious, but very preventable. It is too late for my dad, but I believe that human life can only with the question of hospital staff to wash their hands before they get for them. I Still Cry Daddy for my daily and wish I had known then what I know now.

 

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=C._Rick

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories