Home


Heart disease is an umbrella term for a number of different diseases affecting the heart. As of 2007, it is the leading cause of death in the United States, England, Canada and Wales, killing one person every 34 seconds in the United States alone.
The blood vessels consist of arteries, arterioles, capillaries, venules, and veins. All blood is carried in these vessels. The arteries, which are strong, flexible, and resilient, carry blood away from the heart and bear the highest blood pressures. Because arteries are elastic, they narrow (recoil) passively when the heart is relaxing between beats and thus help maintain blood pressure. The arteries branch into smaller and smaller vessels, eventually becoming very small vessels called arterioles. Arteries and arterioles have muscular walls that can adjust their diameter to increase or decrease blood flow to a particular part of the body.
2009-04-10

High Cholesterol Medication - Are Cholesterol Lowering Drugs Worth Considering?  

High Cholesterol drugs can from your doctor, if he determines that an abnormal cholesterol levels may threaten that you heart. This is usually the case when either one of these happens: blood test shows that your LDL (bad cholesterol) count more than 160 mg /dl, or if your LDL to HDL (good cholesterol) ratio is lower than the ideal 4.4:1.

There are many brands of high-cholesterol medication, with the most common name for Zocor, Lipitor, Pravachol, Mevacor and Crestor. These medicines are usually called statin drugs, and usually they work by inhibiting of your liver produces too much cholesterol in your body, so that the effect of cholesterol in the blood.

However, treatment with statin drugs, many risks associated with them. One of the most frightening muscle breakdown. This is where the medicine is slowly but surely melt away the tissue of the muscles and flush your kidneys. It causes your whole body is usually weaker, and the frightening is when the muscle tissue rinsed clog your kidneys. Kidney failure can happen, this is a fatal disease, which increase the risk of death.

This gives you a picture of what is the current situation that can happen if you have high cholesterol drug, let me tell you about my story when I was forced to by my doctor.

In 2008 I had my first medical check and found that, overall, I'm okay condition, except that my cholesterol was 376 mg /dl. My LDL alone 260! My doctor prescribed me immediately with one month daily dose of 20 mg of Zocor. I was so shocked by this condition, it took me a few days to calm down.

Then I started looking for ways to get my condition. I searched the Internet a lot, and found many useful materials. I have also consulted other doctors for their advice on what should be done, for my part.

The result is a change in a natural way of life ... and a life saver.

I started eating more fruit, vegetables and fish. I listened to his dairy products, red meat, total fat and poultry for two months. I started the vitamins and supplements, and jogged 4 miles every Saturday morning religiously. The exercise is as necessary as the food, because it helps to HDL.

I did all this while the medicine from my doctor.

It was during my Saturday morning jogging sessions that I have the feeling of muscle breakdown effect. My legs will not stop pain about two weeks only from a jogging session. In the normal case, the pain disappeared after 3 days ...

And the pain was so intense at one point I could barely walk down the stairs without as all joints in my body fell apart.

Anyway, I have worked with the strict diet and the painful jogging routine (because of the pain, not away). All these efforts, the whole of my cholesterol from 376 to 121 in just two short months! And I can guarantee you that my doctor prescribed Zocor to me was the least important factor in this startling drops cholesterol.

How can I be sure? In medicine's own official website, it is mentioned that the decline of 100 points in total cholesterol measurement is a rare event for people who are 4 times my dose.

My sank 255 points. Personally, this is the highest drop I have ever known. It can not be that of Zocor. It is an optimal diet and lifestyle change.

But with the relatively low dose of Zocor, I can feel the muscle breakdown effect immediately, but within a few days after I started it.

After my numbers back to a normal, healthy level, I stopped the medication. Miracle, the pain just a few days after I stopped the medication. I was thankful to God that my muscles and kidneys are still in good health. I can only imagine the wreckage of this medicine could bring to people that for years.

 

As a closing note, let me tell you the truth: what kind of vegetables, fruits and vitamins I took was the most important key in my success. Eat the wrong kind of them, and you won't be reducing your cholesterol levels at all. To find out exactly what kind of diets will produce my kind of result, check out the guidelines on Good Cholesterol Foods. On this site you will also find a free booklet on cholesterol management and a cholesterol chart to help tracking your cholesterol level progress.

Do not wait... you can start reducing your cholesterol level today. Act Now! Visit the site mentioned above and find out how you can copy my method to reduce your total cholesterol by as much as 255 points naturally.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Brandon_Hearts

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories